Sunday, May 18, 2008

I almost hit a deer today on my bicycle

Did a 108 mile ride today. My ass is going to hurt tomorrow. Beautiful forests, luscious greens, endless countryside with rolling hills... I was going 30+ MPH and this deer was going to jump out right in front of me to get on the road. Thank God he changed his mind but I ended up eating shit anyway. I couldn't imagine the mess that would occur to the deer if I had ran into him.... Right. What was really gross was seeing another deer dead in the bike lane. Ew... Approaching it, I could smell a dead carcass (I'm good at smelling carcasses) and knew there was a dead animal somewhere. Then there was the hand signal of debris from the cyclist in front of me... Just a different kind of debris.

12 more days until the aids/lifecycle ride... Donate here: aidslifecycle.org/5664

No comments: